Pages

Tuesday 13 October 2020

Technology Hard Materials

 Today at technology my class and I went to tamaki college to do the rest of our pewter casting work on how to build a necklace by melting the metal and pouring it into a mold that we made with a small wooden platform that's called MDF. After pouring the melted metal into the mold and letting it cool down we would start to try and finish of our work on a doc that Mr grundy our teacher sent to us to do. I already done all of it so I am on the part were I have to use a certain sandpaper to help smooth and soften the sides and the edges of the pewter necklace. On each sandpaper there's a number that helps to identify which sandpaper it is because every sandpaper is different. So the first sandpaper I had to use was the number 180, I started using it to scrub the bits that were not as smooth and not as soft as the other. After done I started to use 400 and 1200 and started to scrub the edges and sides, I then repeatedly did it over and over again. Different Types of Casting Processes used in ManufacturingPendants cast from Pewter | DIY guidePewter Casting – Page 2 – Annette Pain

0 comments:

Post a Comment